- Duration : Up to 8 Days
- Region : Tirthan Valley
- Grade : Easy
- Recommend : All
Highlights : A beautiful hike with many habitat transitions. Tirath, the origin of the Tirthan River is a pilgrimage site for the local community. Moderate to strenuous.
Detailed Itinerary :
- Day 1: Gushaini (1500m) to Rolla (2100m): Walk through Ecozone of GHNP. Gentle gradient at the beginning of trek. Distance: 10 kms.
- Day 2: Rolla to Nada (3300m) Thach: Moderate to strenuous climb through oak and conifer forests. A prominent tree god near Chalocha (2450 m) from where the climb starts. Possible sightings of Himalayan Tahr or Black Bear. Nada thatch (meadow) very good for bird watching. Distance: 12 kms.
- Day 3: Nada Thach to Majhoni (3800m): Gradual to steep descent through forests. Distance: 12 kms.
- Day 4: Majhoni to Tirath (4000m) and back Majhoni: Moderate gradient leading into the vast meadow of Tirath Offering views of magnificent mountain panoramas. Tirath, the origin of Tirthan river has a glacial lake which is sacred to the villagers of Tirthan valley. Vegetation is stunted showing influence of extreme cold temperatures. Distance: 8 kms.
- Day 5: Trek from Majhoni to Nada Thach. Distance: 12 kms. Day 6: Rest day at Nada. Bird watching.
- Day 7: Nada Thatch to Rolla-descent. Distance: 12 km.
- Day 8: Rolla to Gushaini. Distance: 10 km. Total Distance: 76 kms.
What is included?
- all meals (breakfast, lunch, dinner )
- tent meant for high altitude
- sleeping bag
- potters who will carry the luggage
- guide having experience of 20 years in these mountains and also qualified in first aid.
- common first aid medicines.note
Special Notes to all participants
- please bring your personal medicines if any.
- only 2-3 k.g each of your personal luggage will be carried by porter.
- you need to bring your own warm cloths, trekking shoes, rain coat, gloves, hat, torch light, sun cream.
- you need to carry your own day bag.
- we will provide you packed lunch on the way.