Manali – A brief Introduction
Manali at a height of 6,398 ft, in the Beas River valley, is a popular hill station in the mountains of Himachal Pradesh. Its 40 Kms. away from Kulu to the north and situated near the end of the valley on the National Highway leading to Leh. The landscape here is breathtaking. One sees well defined snow capped peaks, the Beas river with its clear water meanders through the town. On the other side are deodar and pine trees, tiny fields and fruit orchards.
Manali is famous as a Honeymoon Destination among Indian tourists while Western tourists visit Manali for adventure sports and leisure, nature trips in the Himalayas. A gateway to Spiti, lahaul, Kinnaur & Leh regions, Manali has become a hub for multi adventure activities and serious trekking.
- Altitude : 1800m to 2000m Above Sea level
- Nearest Airport : Bhuntar Distt Kullu
- Nearest Railway Station : Jogindernagar
- Accessible : Via Road 365 Days
- Weather : April to October warm rest of the year cold.
Places of Tourist interest in Manali –
- Hadimba Temple
- Rohtang Pass
- Manu Temple
- Vashist Hot water Springs
- Solang Nala
- Naggar Castle and Gallery