- Duration : 10 Nights 11 Days.
- Region : Leh Ldakh-Srinagar-Jammu.
- Best Season : April to November.
This route covers both road routes to access Leh (Manali-Leh and Srinagar-Leh), alongwith experiencing Pangong lake (High altitude lake), Nubra Valley (High Altitude desert), Monasteries (Alchi and Lamayuru) and some of the world's highest passes and an arid deserted largely uninhabited landscape.
Detailed Itinerary :
• Day 01: Manali to Sarchu (222 Kms)Today we start our journey to Leh stopping at Sarchu for a night. Today we cross Rohtang Pass (3978 m), Keylong (3350 m), Baralacha Pass (4890m) with overnight stopover at Sarchu (4253 m), border of the states of Himachal Pradesh (Lahaul) and Jammu & Kashmir (Ladakh). Upon arrival in Sarchu we check in at our tented campsite for overnight stay.
• Day 02: Sarchu - Leh (255 Kms)Leave for Leh by early morning, through Nakeela and Lachangla Pass 16,617 ft. Lunch at Pang. After Lunch drive to Leh passing through Skyangchu Thang (Biggest and Highest Plateau on Earth on Stretch of 42 Kms), Tanglang La Pass 17,585ft and Indus Valley. Upon arrival in leh you'll met by our representative and check in at our Hotel
• Day 03: Leh To Pangong Lake (06 Hours Approx.After an early breakfast we leave for Pangong Lake through Changla pass 5486 Mtrs. Pangong Lake, situated at 14,000 feet (4,267 m). A long narrow basin of inland drainage, hardly six to seven kilometer at its widest point and over 130km long, it is bisected by the international border between India and China. A few years back the government decided to open it to tourists though the lake and its surrounding is under army surveillance. Enjoy the landscape in the back drop of the Lake. One rarely feels so close to nature and environment and the scenery is unforgettable. Evening at leisure and overnight stay at Camp Watermark on the shore of Lake.
• Day 04: Pangong Lake To Leh (06 Hours Approx.)Morning at leisure to explore the beauty of lake and later we drive back to leh enroute visiting Hemis Gompa, the largest monastic foundation of Drukpa Kagyu Order of Tibetan Buddhism, Thiksey an impressive complex rising tier upon tier on a hill above the village, Shey Palace, The ancient capital of Ladakh & Stok Palace Museum.
Drive further to Leh and check in at our hotel for Overnight.
• Day 05: Leh to Nubra Valley (126 kms / aprx. 06 hrs)After an early breakfast we drive to Nubra Valley leads through Khardung - La - Pass (the highest motorable road in the world) at 18,390 ft, around 39kms from Leh. Nubra Valley is popularly known as Ldorma or the valley of flowers. It is situated to the North of Ladakh between the Karakoram and Ladakh ranges of the Himalayas. Arrive Sumur or Hunder by afternoon and rest of the day at leisure to explore beautiful village of Sumur & Hunder with a Visit to Diskit Monastery. Overnight stay at Camp.
• Day 06: Nubra Valley to Leh -After your breakfast at the camp, visit the Sand Dunes to enjoy a camel safari (Optional). Later we drive to Leh by same route over Khardung La. Afternoon rest and relax or take a walk to the local market. Overnight at hotel.
• Day 07: Leh To Uleytokpo:Post Breakfast we drive to visit Phyang Gompa, located 6 kms away from Leh. Further we drive to Likir, Likir gompa situated atop a windy cliff top overlooking the beautiful village of Likir. Basgo is certainly the most impressive of Ladakhi citadels despite its ruined state. Then we drive and cross the River Indus and reach Alchi, Ladakh's most loved monastery. After visiting above monasteries we drive to Uleytokpo to checkin at our Campsite for overnight stay.
• Day 08: Alchi - Lamayuru - Kargil (160 Kms / 05 Hrs Approx.) Post breakfast we check out from Camp and drive to Kargil enroute visiting Rizong Gompa, known as the paradise for Meditation & Lamayuru, Belongs to Dripung Kagyu (Red Hat) like Phyang. After visiting the monastery we drive straight to Kargil over Fatu-la [13,489 ft] which is the highest pass on Srinagar – Leh road. O/N in Kargil.
• Day 09: Kargil To Srinagar (07 Hrs Approx.) After early Breakfast by 6.00 am drive to Srinagar passing through Drass, the second coldest inhabited Place on earth and you can have spectacular view of Kargil War famous Peaks Tiger Hill and Tololing Peak. Pay a tribute to Vijay Smarak, dedicated to Indian Soldiers who laid their lives for us during Kargil War in 1999. Arrive Srinagar by Afternoon. Rest of the time for own activities. Overnight at Houseboat.
• Day 10: Srinagar (Local S.S) Post breakfast we take a sightseeing tour of Srinagar (Lake City) visiting Shankaracharya Temple & Mughal Gardens, Nishat Bagh (Garden of Pleasure) & Shalimar Bagh (Garden of Pleasure). Overnight at Houseboat.
• Day 11: morning depart Srinagar to jammu 6hrs. 300kms for your onward Destination.
• 10 Nights / 11 Days accommodation on twin sharing Basis in Standard room, at specified Category of Hotel
• Meals (Bed Tea, Breakfast, Evening Tea & Dinner)
• Transportation by Toyota innova with mountain driver.
The above Cost Of The Package Does not Include:-
• Inner line Permit to restricted / protected areas (Pangong Lake & Nubra Valley) .
• Accommodation in Manali
• Any Kind of Personal Expenses or Optional Tours / Extra Meals Ordered.
Costing for 3 person - 43,500/- INR